I am so excited to announce details for our first beginning photography class. This is something I have been thinking about doing this for a while. Some have asked me, “Why teach people what you know?” Well reasons are simple if you want to start a photography business by all means go for it LOL, it is not a glamorous business….its TOUGH and not for everyone! So that is not my purpose. However, some who are starting photography businesses without the basic fundamentals mastered should really consider taking it….I took one 4 years back and I am glad I did. My main purpose for this class is help mommies to better take pictures when I can’t be there. Of course you need to come to Savvy Photo for those milestones I just can’t be there when your babies are all cute and cuddly in their bed, or in the bathtub, or at every party. You have this nice camera but all you do is turn the switch to AUTO and snap, but then are usually less than satisfied with the result and why doesn’t the picture look like you want it to look? That is where I want to help and getting the results you want with that nice camera.
Our class will look like this….
- 4 week, 1.5 hour interactive class w/ 30 minute Q & A
- Small class size, 10 per class
- Learning your camera settings, exposure, lighting, & composition
- Model shoot -indoors & outdoors
- Common problems and how to overcome them
- We will touch a bit on editing but not extensively.
- Homework assignments
- A private Facebook page to interact with class members and help from Savvy Photo.
Who or what this class is not for?
- As mentioned this class is not designed to help you start your own business. You also will not be learning from me how to put babies in baskets or hold their head in their hands, etc. It is a basic beginning class and I want to emphasize this. If you have a more than basic knowledge of photography and want to learn more, I am consider teaching a more advanced class at a later date.
What do you need for this class?
- A basic camera (SLR not required but preferred)
- A workbook packet will be provided
$195.00, $50 deposit to reserve your seat. Remaining balance due at start of first class.
- Saturday Class : January 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st 3:00p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday Evening Class: January 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th 5:00p.m.- 7:00p.m.
- We will have a waiting list for back outs and if class fills we will add additional date. We will provided 1 Make up class for any missed dates.
To sign up deposit can be paid thru-
After deposit is paid you will be added to our private Facebook page!